Local Opportunities to Serve - Organizations we support with offerings, volunteers and prayer:
- Good Samaritan Center that serves a three-county area by running a food pantry and a second-hand store in Redfield. We have a shopping cart in the church for food donations all the time and sometimes we will host a month-long food drive to encourage one another in generosity.
- Food Truck--every six or eight weeks a truck comes for Feeding South Dakota to bring food for those in need. This is organized by the Good Samaritan Center and volunteers are needed to set up and assist with the distribution of that food. Requires about two hours—10 am-12 pm on Thursdays.
- Family Crisis Center that responds to the realities of domestic violence in a three-county area and maintains a shelter for victims of abuse in Redfield.
- Redfield Area Ministerial Association (RAMA) is the joint work of some of the congregations of Redfield and surrounding towns and their pastors. RAMA works to provide ecumenical worship and service opportunities in our committee and raises funds to assist those in need, both transients and local residents.
- Redfield Youth Center, formed by RAMA and The Spink County Coalition and other interested parties, and with the support of local clubs, businesses, churches and city resources, intends to provide a safe place for youth to gather.
- Spink County Coalition is a grant-supported and school-based organization that works with underage and binge drinking and seeks to help youth make good and healthy choices regarding use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco, as well as technology and driving behaviors.
- Redfield Senior Center serves our elderly members with a place to gather, a bus that provides transportation, as well as meals served at the center or delivered to homes. Our pastor is on a rotating schedule to bring devotions to the congregate meals and our congregation is on a schedule to assist in delivering meals to those who order them. Occasionally we ask for volunteers to deliver those meals in Redfield. Usually requires an hour—11 am-12 pm.